This week is National Adoption Week and the Give A Child A Home campaign led by the British Association for Adoption & Fostering (BAAF) and the Fostering Network (TFN) and backed by the Government .
- The Give A Child A Home campaign, in conjunction with National Adoption Week and backed by the Government, is a national call to action to encourage many more people to come forward to foster and adopt, particularly for those children for whom it can be hard to find homes .
- There are just over 65,000 children in care and this number is rising. Some children have been in care for a long time.
- Foster carers and adopters need to have the time, energy and skills to care for children who might have had a difficult start in life but in return they make a fantastic difference to vulnerable children & young people and to their own lives.
- We urgently need to find more adoptive and foster families. We know that taking the first step can be one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
- Campaign Website: www.giveachildahome.co.uk The Give A Child A Home campaign website provides lots of information about adoption and fostering and how it can make a huge difference to people’s lives, as well as advice on how to take that first step. It includes the opportunity to speak to trained professionals who can answer your initial questions. Please share the page and our adoption and fostering film with your friends. We need to raise awareness about the issues.
- Have Your Say: There is also the opportunity to have your say, and tell us about your experience of the care system if you are in the process of adopting or being a foster carer. We want to know what you think is working well and what is not working. Join the debate at www.giveachildahome.co.uk