BBC Worldwide Digital Entertainment & Games, in collaboration with Immediate Media Co, brings the UK’s best-selling weekly pre-school title, CBeebies Magazine, to the Apple Newsstand on iPhone and iPad, priced at £2.99. Aimed at children aged 3 to 6 years old, this is the first pre-school magazine app for the CBeebies brand. Packed with fun for “little learners,” CBeebies Magazine’s first issue can be downloaded now in the UK.
“Creating a CBeebies Magazine app allows us to reach more families with fun, educational content,” said Robert Nashak, EVP Digital Entertainment & Games, BBC Worldwide. “We’re thrilled to be able to bring the brand’s magical pre-school world to the portable digital world in such a uniquely interactive way.”
Developed by Immediate Media Co. and Mobile IQ and published by BBC Worldwide Digital Entertainment & Games, the CBeebies Magazine app, offers parents and young children a chance to learn and play with a whole host of favourite CBeebies characters on a new mobile platform. Using a simple and flexible design process, the app brings an authentic CBeebies experience to children in a fun, safe and trusted environment.
Each activity in the app is based on an area of learning which supports early years learning and allows children to interact with CBeebies characters and shows including Mister Maker, Bob the Builder, Waybuloo, Alphablocks and many more. A free five-page sample is available here.
The new app will have four issues a year, available on subscription for £9.99, and offers a range of features including:
- A focus on six zones: stickering, colouring, workbook, let’s move, story and reward charts
- Activities that support areas of learning: literacy, math, feeling good, let’s move, creativity and finding out
- More than 50 fully interactive puzzles and activities per issue
- Highly interactive interface which is easy and fun for children to use independently
- Responsive to multiple input touch points: tap, touch, drag, stretch, swipe
- Genuine CBeebies character sound effects
- Informative parent zone for questions and tips
Pauline Cooke, Publishing Director of Pre-school at Immediate Media commented: “We are thrilled that the hugely recognised and trusted CBeebies Magazine brand has translated so well into an app and believe we have created a product that’s intuitive to how children learn and play. The CBeebies Magazine team were central to the development process and their educational expertise remains at the heart of this new product, which we think children and parents will love. There is an abundance of possibilities and opportunities for this app and we can’t wait to explore its potential.”
- >Online magazine, helping you to enjoy family life!
- >ENCHANTING NEW ADVENTURES WITH THE PIPLINGS AS WAYBULOO RETURNS TO LIGHT UP BEDTIME ON CBEEBIES
- >FitKid Launches Physical Activity Online Cash Rewards
- >50% OF PARENTS PASS ON DANGEROUS ROAD HABITSTHINK! launches roadshow to highlight dangers of copycat behaviour
- >Much anticipated child friendly search engine launches