Last year 15,000 under-five’s were admitted to A&E because of choking*. Would you know what to do if you were involved in a situation with a choking baby or toddler?
Tesco Baby & Toddler Club are currently running its BabySafe campaign – an initiative to offer free, basic first aid training to parents, grandparents and carers via a series of short videos, Twitter chats.
Other videos in the BabySafe series include :
- Prevention: How to reduce the risks of accidents in the home and how to deal with bumps to the head and falls
- Burns: How best to treat a burn or scald
- Meningitis: How to spot the signs and symptoms of meningitis
- Webinar: What to do if your baby or toddler is unconscious (breathing/not breathing) and show you what to do if your child is choking
All these videos are available to view online here – https://www.tesco-baby.com/babysafe
Following the launch of this video, an expert from the British Red Cross will be available to answer all questions during a Twitter chat on Wednesday 11th January between 11am – 12pm @TescoBabyClub