Please note: All information in healthrapp is for informational purposes only. Please consult your doctor for any advice, diagnoses and treatments you might require.
- Spine-health.com Back pain and neck pain patient information. Useful and informative for the whole family
- Back Care Advice on how to manage and prevent back pain with list of practitioners for back pain relief
- www.egostoreonline.com – Back-Healthy Ergonomic Office Furniture
Children with Special Needs
- Acupuncture Works Acupuncture Works, the site that tells you about acupuncture and a whole host of holistic therapies
- British College of Osteopathic Medicine This site gives a broad insight into the philosophy and role of Naturopathy and Osteopathy
- British Homeopathic Association This site aims to help you to find accurate and helpful information about homeopathy you can trust.
- General Council and Register of Naturopaths Information on Naturopathy and a list of registered Naturopaths
- Institute for Optimum Nutrition A site to help educate the public about Nutritional Therapy
- National Institute of Medical Herbalists The Institute maintains high standards of practice and patient care, and works to promote the benefits of herbal medicine. It is responsible for publication of the European Journal of Herbal Medicine.
- The British Reflexology Association For information on reflexology
- The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique Information on the Alexander Technique, its history and information for teachers.
- The British Medical Acupuncture Society For practitioners and patientsVery informative site
- The British Acupuncture Council Search for practitionersLibrary of information
- Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique A good source of information with FAQ’s and useful links
- Dr Edward Bach Centre Home of the Bach Flower Remedies
- British Chiropractic Association For informationList of chiropractors
- The International Centre for Reiki Training On line storeDiscussion groupsLots of information on Reiki healing
Government Health Sites
- Health Development Agency The Health Development Agency (HDA) identifies the evidence of what works to improve people’s health and reduce health inequalities. It advises and supports policy makers and practitioners, helping them to get evidence into practice
- Department of Health Information – Information and advice on childhood immunisation from the NHS
- Department of Health Latest news and information about the Department of Health
- National Health Services National information about the NHS and connects to local NHS services
- NHS Direct Health Information
- Always-Health.com Informative articles on various health related issues helping you make the right decisions with your prescriptions.
- Kernicterus Kernicterus is a rare but serious disease that affects babies soon after they are born; the Kernicterus Advocacy Network has resources that can help families who have children with Kernicterus
- Natural Solutions Natural Solutions guides and inspires you to make conscious choices about your health, your family’s health, your community, and our world.
- Pocket Doctor The world’s first doctor in your pocket
- Ask your Pharmacist Advice about medicines and minor ailments
- Patient UK Information on all areas of health
- Net Doctor All aspects of health information covered
- Medical Pages Health portal for private health care
- Cancer Help UK Information about Cancer.
- Cancer Net Cancer Information
- Glucosamine and Osteoarthritis Resource Center At the Osteoarthritis and Glucosamine Resource Center you’ll find top quality information on osteoarthritis and glucosamine, the latest research, details on osteoarthritis medications and treatments, and tips for effectively managing your pain.
- SleeponIt.co.uk UK Supplier of Visco Elastic Memory Faom, Latex and Orthopaedic mattresses. Free 24 Hour UK Delivery
- Dual Action Cleanse Dual action cleanse-Colon cleansing made easy!
- Brow Farm Wheat Products The Physio Wheat Bag Range, has been designed to treat specialised complaints such as sports injuries, knee injuries, back pain and joint disorders. The Multi Purpose Wheat Bag Range, is a versatile pliable wheat bag with or without lavender for a wide range of everyday complaints.
- The National Eczema Society Dedicated to the needs of people with eczema, dermatitis and sensitive skin.
- The Coeliac Society A wonderful site full of information and advice supporting people with gluten intolerance
- Diabetes UK A charity for people with diabetes
- National Asthma Campaign Information and adviceKids’ Zone
- Mental Health Foundation Up-to-date information on mental health issues
- Cystic Fibrosis Trust Up-to-date information on fund raising, research and help
- British Allergy Foundation This site provides information, advice and support to people affected by allergy
- Core – fighting gut and liver disease
- British Heart Foundation Advice and information along with latest research and fund raising events
- Macmillan Cancer Relief Where to get help, advice and information
- Cancer Research Campaign Full information on research, fund raisingHelp and advice
- Marie Curie – Cancer Care Charity Dedicated to helping people with cancer
- Parentplus A helping hand for parents
Resources and Information
- SANE SANE is one of the UK’s leading charities concerned with improving the lives of everyone affected by mental illnessSANELINE 0845 767 8000 is SANE’s national telephone helpline offering support and information to callers throughout the UK
- Depression Alliance Helping to deal with depression
- Immunisation Information Information and advice on childhood immunisation from the NHS
- Diabetes.co.uk UK site giving information of diabetes.
- Embrace Learning Embrace Learning – Health and Social Care Training
- Arthritis Research Campaign – ARC Arthritis is the single biggest cause of disability in the UKOne child in every thousand is effectedARC is a Registered Charity raising funds for medical research into cause, treatment and cure of arthritic conditions
- Medical Travel Medical Travel, Inc. is a Full Service Medical Travel Agency that caters to people with Special Medical Needs. Our office is now able to provide: Scooter Rentals, Worldwide Oxygen Rentals, Hoyer Lift Rentals , Accessible Mini Van Rentals, Wheelchair Accessible Villa Rentals that are only 4 miles away from Disney World and of course our Dialysis Cruises.
- Help 2 Talk Counselling does not claim to be the answer to all human difficulties, but it does offer you the opportunity to explore different ways of looking at your life and move towards more effective ways of coping.
- Contact a Family Helping families who care for children with any disability or special need
- Headstart4babies The UK’s leading plagiocephaly support group offering advice and treatment for plagiocephaly and brachycephaly
- Gingerbread Support for lone parents
Travel with Children
- MASTA (Medical Advisory Service for Travellers Abroad) To help you stay healthy when you travel abroad. Information about immunizations, insect bites, sun care and jet lag plus more.
- The Informed Parent A wide spectrum of information that will help you make up your own mind about vaccinations.
- JABS (Justice, Awareness & Basic Support) The support group for vaccine-damaged children.
- The Vaccine Page The Vaccine Page is a serious attempt to collect all useful information about vaccines, organize it meaningfully, present it appropriately for each of several distinct audiences intererested in vaccines, and above all, keep it up to date.