Styes are infections of the sebaceous gland at the root of an eyelash usually caused by bacteria.
- Pus filled swelling at the base of an eyelash.
- Painful to touch.
- Pressing a warm cloth to the infected area may relieve the pain and bring out the pus.
- A doctor could prescribe an antibiotic cream if it does not clear up on its own accord.
- The infection may spread if the eye is rubbed.
- Bathe eyes with an infusion of calendula.
- Place warm ordinary teabags on the eyes for a few minutes.
- Poultice of grated carrot.