- Mensa – Information, puzzles, IQ tests – are you one of the top 2% in the country?
- Childline – UK’s free national helpline for children and young people in trouble or danger
- ACE – Advice for parents on a wide range of education topics including: exclusion from school, bullying, special educational needs, school admissions appeals, choosing a school, making a complaint, and examining a proposed statement of SEN
- Anti-Bullying Network – provides free anti-bullying support to school communities.
- Dyslexia Action.
- The British Dyslexia Association.
- Dyslexics.org.uk – The site includes plenty of well proven, practical advice and information for any parent (or grandparent) whose children need help with the basics of the three R’s.
- Dyslexia Online – An online magazine offering information on and resources for dyslexia.
- I am dyslexic – A site built by a boy with dyslexia to help out dyslexics.
- British Dyslexics – A national registered charity consisting of professionals who are interest in helping children with dyslexia.
- At School – A fantastic site, full of information, activities, games and ideas for children from pre-school to teens, including special needs.
- Home Education UK – Provide support to people home educating or considering home educating in the UK.
- La Jolie Ronde – French and Spanish for Children!
Government Education Sites
- Education and Training in Scotland
- Education and Skills in Wales
- The Department of Education
- The Office for Standards in Education
- Learning and Teaching in Scotland
- Parentzone – help for parents from Learning and Teaching in Scotland
Resources and Information
- Sam Learning – online leader in revision and exam practice
- Hinduism for Schools Information, games, religion and humour for Hindu children.
- Nettlesworth School A fantastic site produced by a school includes information on the Romans, Victorians, Aztecs and much more
- Channel 4 Learning Inspiring teaching and learning from Channel 4
- How Stuff Works A site for adults and children on how things work
- International Baccalaureate Association Information abou the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme..
- Count On Maths Games and Puzzles .uk/online.
- Parents in TouchParents in Touch provides guidance through all stages of education and child development; advice by highly experienced professionals and answers to the questions that all parents ask; a forum for parents; resources for parents including worksheets, ‘SATS’ and other test and exam papers.
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities
- National Curriculum – The National Curriculum website contains the statutory programmes of study and attainment targets for key stages 1-4 in England.
- Children in Scotland – Children in Scotland is the national agency for voluntary, statutory and professional organisations and individuals working with children and their families in Scotland.
- NCB NCB is the leading national charity which supports children, young people, families and those who work with them. We aim to improve the well-being of children and young people across every aspect of their lives.
- TES Connect – TES Connect is a social network that allows teachers to network, share resources and search for jobs.
- Schoolsnet In addition to the schools guide, Schoolsnet provides high-quality online curriculum content, for use by teachers and pupils
- BBC Learning – learning resources for everyone
- Dictionary.com – Great site giving information on grammar, language, translations, Thesaurus, dictionary in English and other languages.
- NIACE – The National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (NIACE) aims to encourage all adults to engage in learning of all kinds.
- ACE – provides independent advice to parents/carers of children in state-funded schools who are experiencing difficulties such as bullying, SEN, admissions to, and exclusions from, school.
- National Literary Trust – An independent charity that transforms lives through literacy by supporting those who struggle with literacy and the people who work with them
- Oxford Reading Tree – It’s been developed by phonics expert Debbie Hepplewhite to systematically introduce Sounds and Letters (with all your favourite characters) for early reading success!
- Farms for Schools – farms suitable for school visits