Explore Learning have created a new iPhone app designed to support your child’s learning outside of the classroom! The Explore Learning Times Tables App is free, easy to use and encourages children to have fun while practising their times tables. Explore Learning, who provide after-school tuition to children across the UK, wanted to design something innovative and fun that children could enjoy using wherever they were in the world!
The app has some exciting features such as the Times Table Guide, which lists all the times tables that are available to practise, and several games, which offer children a variety of fun ways to challenge themselves. Beat the Clock gives just 60 seconds to answer as many questions as possible, whilst Multiple Choice monitors how long they take to answer a series of questions. All they need to do is select the times tables they would like to be quizzed on and play away! In addition, the handy high-score feature allows both parents and children to track their progress over time.
Extensive use of the app will help gain confidence in multiplication tables, and improve the speed and accuracy of mental maths. Its universal popularity has been well demonstrated with over 700 downloads per month, in almost 40 countries across the globe!
The app can be downloaded here: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/explore-learning-times-tables/id468427944?mt=8 .
For more information, visit www.explorelearning.co.uk .
- Explore Learning aim to have 60 centres open across the UK by early 2012.
- Explore Learning provides maths and English tuition for 5-14 year olds.
- Children of all abilities attend Explore Learning, including children who are gifted or have special educational needs.
- 15,000 children attend Explore Learning centres every week.
- All Explore centres are located in areas that are convenient for families to attend – these include centres within shopping centres such as Westfield London, Lakeside, Cabot Circus and Sainsbury’s supermarkets.
- More information can be found at www.explorelearning.co.uk.
- >Explore Learning Search for future Mathematical Einsteins!
- >Educational Experts Explore Learning’s Advice For Keeping Brains Engaged Over Half Term
- >Think the holidays are a break from learning? Think again- Make learning fun this holiday season!
- >Building the foundation for learning to read
- >Parental Involvement In Learning